[uClibc]Booting BusyBox system...

Thomas Cameron tom at patcameron.ne.mediaone.net
Mon Oct 15 23:22:27 UTC 2001

Hello all,
	It has been quite some time since I've written the group with a
question.  I have been busy learning 'C', and its many cavets.  My
question centers around a system using BusyBox for most (nearly all)
system utilities, uClibc for the libraries, and kernel version 2.4.10.
	I have compiled all required applications for my project, and included
them into a Minixfs root FS image.  The system boots fine (from
Syslinux) up until the kernel hands control over to BB init.  I get
this:
	"<remove kernel messages>
	Kernel Freeing unused memory"

	I am not sure what is causing this problem, and so I have written to
you all.  First off, are there any known problems with the 2.4.10+
kernel series and BusyBox/uClibc.  Secondly, if I used the C compiler
generated by compiling uClibc, will there be any problems?  Thirdly, I
would like to mention the fact that I am using a Mandrake 8.1 (actually
8.2 beta-something).  Essentially, this distro uses the good-ole' RedHat
version of gcc (v2.96).  I have installed the optional gcc-3.0.1
package, but the compiler is literally called gcc-3.0.1, and I don't
know if simply changing references to it will work.
	Anyone that can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!  Thanks in advance!

-Tom Cameron