[uClibc](fwd) Re: uClibc changes ?

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Sat Oct 6 07:21:51 UTC 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Cam Mayor wrote:
> "not a typewriter" messages come when you attempt to attach a shell to
> something that isn't capable of being a terminal.

Hmmm, I'm using a very normal xterm on a very normal Linux machine...
strange. Perhaps a problem with the device entries?

> i am interested that you have telnet on your busybox system.  I didn't
> think that a telnet daemon came with busybox/tinylogin.  At least, i
> don't remember one.  Did you compile it separately?  If not, which
> version of the code are you using that includes the telnet daemon?

On Axis' website there is an archive with lots of small applications (I
think it was called "apps") which has a telnetd. I modified it a little
bit so it can now be compiled with i386-uclibc-gcc. If you are interested
I could send you the modified sources.

Robert
 |             Dipl.-Ing. Robert Schwebel                 |
 |      Linux Solutions for Science and Industry          |
 |  Braunschweiger Straße 79, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany   |
 |     Phone: +49-5121-28619-0  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4     |