[uClibc](fwd) Re: uClibc changes ?

Cam Mayor cmayor at iders.ca
Fri Oct 5 18:21:40 UTC 2001

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de

> Hey, great, thanks a lot! :-) Most things seem to work again here,
> including my telnet daemon. Btw: I still have these strange "X_EAA" and
> "not a typewriter" output and no idea where it might come from:
>
> ----------8<----------
> robert at callisto:~/embedded/apps/telnetd ! telnet dnp
> Trying 192.168.1.51...
> Connected to dnp.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> X_EAA
> 192.168.1.51 login: root
> Password:
> Login incorrect
>
> 192.168.1.51 login: root
> sh: tcsetpgrp: Not a typewriter

no idea what "X_EAA" is.  i suggest a hearty grep of the code.

"not a typewriter" messages come when you attempt to attach a shell
to something that isn't capable of being a terminal.

i am interested that you have telnet on your busybox system.  I didn't
think that a telnet daemon came with busybox/tinylogin.  At least, i
don't remember one.  Did you compile it separately?  If not, which
version of the code are you using that includes the telnet daemon?

cheers,
cam