[uClibc]busybox static linked against uClibc just exits

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Oct 1 17:22:54 UTC 2001

On Mon Oct 01, 2001 at 09:25:20AM -0400, Chris Meadors wrote:
> Sorry if I'm missing something, I'm new to this, like just started messing
> with it this weekend.
>
> I'm building install floppies for my Linux installation.  I'm mostly
> inspired by Slackware.  I found they were using a little program called
> busybox to handle a lot of the basic commands.  So I figured I'd have a
> look at it myself.  Needless to say I was very impressed.
>
> So I built up a static linked busybox against glibc 2.2.4.  Put it into an
> initrd and started working on my bootstrapping scripts to load a second
> floppy with more tools.
>
> While working on the scripts I started reading more about busybox and came
> across uClibc.  I figured with it I could cram even more into my initrd
> and may not need to second floppy at all.
>
> Just for testing I recompiled busybox as a static link against yesterday's
> snapshot of uClibc.  But when booted the disk now, every invocation of and
> busybox command would exit and do nothing.

I just tried things out in by buildroot, and sure enough I have been able to
reproduce this problem.  I recently made a large number of changes to uClibc --
looks like I broke something...  I'll look into it and let you know when it
is fixed,

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee at debian.org, formerly of Lineo