[uClibc]libresolv and freeswan: Can't compile

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Nov 30 17:16:19 UTC 2001

On Fri Nov 30, 2001 at 04:54:05PM +0100, arne @ loopback . org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just to get a response (second try). I still try to compile freeswan (specially pluto)
> with uClibc. It fails because libresolv of freeswan is only a dummy. Is
> there a possibility to get a real libresolv for uClibc (stuff like
> __res_init is missing) or are there any plans to include this into uClibc??
>
> An answer of type "no chance for this" is better than no answer, so
> please...

Sorry about that.  I ususally respond, but sometimes I forget.  I
wish I had a bunch of employees to help me answer all the email I
get...  Oh well.

To answer your question, libc/inet/resolv.c does not define or
use struct _res, and res_init does nothing.  The other res_*
functions are not implemented.

Generally, struct _res is used to find the name and IP addressses
for the currently selected nameserver.  I'm open to a patch to
add support for it.