[uClibc]uClibc issues

guilbert charles zmanluka at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 16:11:33 UTC 2001

We try to compile and link our application with the
original uClibc (of Blip). Several warnings and code
relocation problems prevent us from running it on
Blip.
Then we tried to download the latest source files for
uClibc from the uClinux site (http download section as
of 6-nov-2001).
This library was successfully recompiled with the
kernel 2.0.x headers to be used with the arm-elf-gcc
2.95.3 release.

In such a configuration (on a kernel 2.0.x) and to
validate the library, we tried to compile the
following simple program :

#include <stdio.h>
void main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    printf("Command : %s\n", argv[0]);
}

The configuration file used is as follows :

TARGET_ARCH=arm
NATIVE_CC = gcc
CROSS = arm-elf-
CC = $(CROSS)gcc
AR = $(CROSS)ar
LD = $(CROSS)ld
NM = $(CROSS)nm
STRIPTOOL = $(CROSS)strip

DODEBUG = false
WARNINGS=-Wall
KERNEL_SOURCE=/opt/uClinux/uClinux-2.0.x

HAS_MMU = false
HAS_FLOATING_POINT = true
HAS_LIBM_FLOAT = false
HAS_LIBM_DOUBLE = false
HAS_LIBM_LONG_DOUBLE = false
HAS_LONG_LONG = true
HAS_LOCALE = false

LOCALE_DIR = "/usr/share/uClibc-locale/"
MALLOC = malloc-simple
UNIFIED_SYSCALL = false
DOLFS = false
INCLUDE_RPC = false
INCLUDE_IPV6 = false
HAVE_SHARED = false
BUILD_UCLIBC_LDSO=false
DEVEL_PREFIX = /opt/uClinux/$(TARGET_ARCH)-elf
SYSTEM_DEVEL_PREFIX = /
PREFIX =

We have tried with :
DOPIC = true
The execution of the simple previous program still
does not work and gives : "pid 62 : Killed (signal
11)".

We also tried with :
DOPIC = false
The execution of the simple previous program runs but
the program name is not returned, instead instead
random characters are returned (example Command :
aeiert).

Could you please help us.
Best regards.

CG