[uClibc]Recompiling libraries....

Andreas Neuhaus andy at fasta.fh-dortmund.de
Tue May 29 17:11:39 UTC 2001

hello,

> Now that uClibc has had some time to percolate, I would like to
> re-ask my question.  "What is the recommended strategy for compiling a
> library vs. uClibc?"  For instance, suppose I wanted to compile OpenSSH
vs.
> uClibc...how would I go about hacking the make files, etc for all of the
> libraries that it depends on?  I fully understand that each package is
> different, but there must be a "general" rule of thumb, or rather set of
> rules of thumbs...right?  Anyway, just a topic for discussion.  Thanks
all!

the  easiest way would be to set
CC=/path/to/uClibc/extra/gcc-uClibc/i386-uclibc-gcc.
i386(orwhatever)-uclibc-gcc will act as a wrapper for gcc and modifies the
command line to exclude the original (glibc) headers/libraries and adds
uClibc headers/libraries before actually calling gcc.

you can also specify parameters manually if you don't like to use the
wrapper. the busybox Config/Makefile shows a good example.

regards,
andreas neuhaus