[uClibc]gcc-uclibc use_build_dir/use_rpath

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at uclibc.org
Mon May 28 17:15:04 UTC 2001

Erik and Andreas,

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:25:33AM -0600, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> Change INSTALL_DIR so that uClibc is installed in a directory you have
> write access to.
> Comment out the symlink line in the main Makefile:
> -       ln -sf $(INSTALL_DIR)/lib/$(UCLIBC_LDSO) /lib/$(UCLIBC_LDSO);
> +       #ln -sf $(INSTALL_DIR)/lib/$(UCLIBC_LDSO) /lib/$(UCLIBC_LDSO);
>
> Now, do make install.

On second thought, the libraries should really be installed as part of
the "install_dev" target, while "install_runtime" only needs the shared
libs.  Then do make install_dev instead of make install.

I also think we need some type of PREFIX var (as used by busybox) for
"install_runtime" to make building of disk images for targets easier.

Manuel