[uClibc]compiling against uClibc

Ulrich Meinicke caleb at eplus-online.de
Sat May 26 23:43:15 UTC 2001

Hi everybody!

I'm new to the embedded world and also new to C and all the compiling stuff. I've just made a floppy distro with busybox and uClibc as shared libary (as described in mkrootfs.sh).
I tried to add some other applications but always the compiling stopped due some errors. I tried the latest uClibc snapshot and just did a make. Now I compiled tinylogin with make  CC=<pathtouClib>/extra/gcc-uClibc/i386-uclibc-gcc
and it failed telling me lists of "undefined reference". But compiling it with standard gcc, it worked.
So my question is, what is the general way to compile against uclibc and how can I find out what's going wrong.
I would like to compile tinylogin, netkit-telnet, microwindows nano-X and pppd against uClibc. Anybody did this?

Thanx for any comments and/or links to this topic.

Uli