[uClibc]Re: New uClibc organization

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Wed May 16 02:50:40 UTC 2001

On Wed May 16, 2001 at 10:17:52AM +1000, AVENARD,JEAN-YVES (HP-Australia,ex2) wrote:
> Hello Erik.
>
> There's something I don't really get in your new organization.
>
> What's the point of having several time the same thing.
> like uClibc/libc/stdio and uClibc/stdio
>
> Actually, I don't even see the point of having a libc sub-directory when
> uClibc is what it is: a libc replacement.
>
> As if you had something like:
> web-browser/browser directory
>
> Seems very clumsy to me...

There is no longer a uClibc/stdio directory.  If you
still have such a directory, then I recommend you check
that your .cvsrc file contains 'update -dP'.  In fact,
you probably want your .cvsrc to contain:

    -z3
    update -dP
    rdiff -u
    diff -ubBwpN
    checkout -P

So cvs will behave itself a bit better.  Anyways, once that
is set up, do a 'cvs up; make clean; cvs up' and that should
get your tree up to date.

I left the old directories in the "Attic" for the moment to
allow people to use 'cvs up' to sync their trees.  In a few
days I will be purging the old stuff entirely, so folks that
fail to do a 'cvs up' in the next few days will need to
do a 'cvs checkout'.  Or they can grab the daily tarball,
unpack it, and run 'cvs up' from there...

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com