[uClibc]web browser on uClinux

AVENARD,JEAN-YVES (HP-Australia,ex2) jean-yves_avenard at hp.com
Tue May 8 02:05:45 UTC 2001

Dear all.

A while ago I posted a message regarding information on how to get a web
browser (text only) up and running on uClinux (SH plateform)

Somebody kindly enough pointed me to this web site:
http://ei5nazha.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/~aito/w3m/eng/

However, despite many tries, I've been unable to compile it for uClinx and
against uClibc. The problem comes from the GC library included in the source
code. I don't know what the GC library is exactly for, but if there's
anybody out there who has succesfully compiled this web browser with uClibc
for uClinux I would be very interested in sharing his experience.

It looks like a great browser, I personnally find it more intuitive than
lynx and very easy to use (the cursor thing is fantastic)

Thank you all for your help and contribution
Regards
Jean-Yves
---
Jean-Yves Avenard
Hewlett-Packard - Embedded and Personal Systems / Platform Technology Group
351 Burwood Hwy, Forest Hill, Victoria 3130 - Australia
Tel: +61 3 88773740 - Fax: +61 3 9802 7714 - mail: jean-yves_avenard at hp.com