[uClibc]uClibc on SA1100

John Hall john.hall at optionexist.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 13:29:21 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have a system with an SA1100, on which I'm currently running Linux 2.2,
Busybox 0.49 and glibc 2.2, which seems to work fine. I would like to
replace glibc with uClibc to cut down on the ramdisk size. I have
successfully compiled busybox against uClibc and added it to the ramdisk and
added libuClibc to my /lib.

Init failed to start first time, so I put the glibc busybox back and ran a
simple hello world:

sh-2.01# ldd hello
        libuClibc.so.1 => //lib/libuClibc.so.1 (0x40021000)
sh-2.01# ./hello
./hello: error while loading shared libraries: unexpected PLT reloc type
0x00
sh-2.01#

Any ideas what I have done wrong?
Incidentally, the program hello came out as 86K. I managed to strip it down
to 82K. Why is it this big?

Cheers,
John Hall