[uClibc]cvs commit to uClibc/include by mjn3

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Thu Mar 22 19:17:24 UTC 2001

On Thu Mar 22, 2001 at 05:26:12PM +0200, michaels at jungo.com wrote:
> Hello Manuel,
>
> > Add some missing headers needed by ld.so-1.9.11.
> > added:      a.out.h alloca.h dlfcn.h link.h
> Are we getting ld.so finally commited to uClibc? So far I didn't find

I have started on it (and it looks like Manuel has started
in parallel) but it turns out to be quite challenging, even
to simply port existing code.

> the solution to assembly problems in i386/strings.h for newer versions
> of gcc. Funny thing: I tried to rewrite the inlines with C (memcpy() is
> 2 lines anyway) but instead I get similar problems as compared to asm(),
> even when using old compiler.
>
> Do you have anything to recommend on this problem?

I'm not sure -- I havn't tried this yet.  Though I might soon.

Right now (between other things that I'm supposed to be doing) I'm working on
making everything in the Debian base system compile.  It turns out that I'm
doing pretty with with the executables, but for libraries things are not
working out well at all.  It seems I will need to make an 'ld' wrapper in
addition to the current 'gcc' wrapper, since all the libraries compile up fine
vs uClibc, but then when 'ld' gets run on them they get linked vs libc.so.6.
Ouch.

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com