[uClibc]Compiling iptables with uClibc

Andrew Mashchak admash at southern.edu
Wed Mar 21 20:03:05 UTC 2001

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 08:02:36PM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Andrew Mashchak wrote:
> > CC=/usr/local/uClibc/extra/gcc-uClibc/gcc-uClibc-i386
> > gcc: -luClibc: linker input file unused since linking not done
< -snip- >
> Are you sure your Makefile uses CC and does not have "gcc" hardwired?
> Normally when gcc-uClibc-i386 is used the error messages do not simply
> list "gcc" as the program which causes the error.

Yes, it does use CC. The only reference to "gcc" in iptables Makefile and Rules.make is the line that I added. AFAIK, gcc-uClibc-i386 is merely a wrapper program that calls "gcc" with additional commandline arguments that make compilation with uClibc easier. Or something like that; I'm still new to this. :)

> Robert
Andrew

admash at southern.edu