[uClibc]Re: [BusyBox] Busybox and uClbc compilation for sparcnommu

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Mon Mar 12 17:09:14 UTC 2001

On Mon Mar 12, 2001 at 05:20:00PM +0800, stanley wrote:
> Hi to all who can help,
> i have a toolchain and uClinux kernel for sparcnommu architecture. My understanding towards compiling
> Busybox and uClbc for the new platform requires a new Config file for uClibc. I hope to understand
> what are the neccessary files to put into the /sysdep/linux/sparnommu/ and to better grasp the
> dependencies.

First, for mmu-less you will need to disable busybox init, syslogd, sh, and
update, since these applets use fork.  Other then that, you should have no
problems.

As for getting uClibc, I've already checked in the sysdeps/linux/sparc/bits
directory, so the only thing that is needed to make sparc work is that someone
must implement crt0.S, longjmp.S, setjmp.S, and vfork.S in sparc assembly.  Any
other system calls that act wierdly on sparc may also need to be implemented.

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com