[uClibc]Dynamic libuClibc.so woes

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 7 09:01:27 UTC 2001

John and Michael,

On Wed, 07 Mar 2001, michaels at jungo.com wrote:
> I'm happy that someone else besides myself taken upon him a burden of
> bringing
> ld.so to uClibc. I have started looking at ld.so-1.9.11 several days ago
> as an alternative to glibc's ld-linux.so.2 (in glibc's /elf dir). Too
> bad, that this ld.so is using various libc5 stuff, which is header-level
> incompatible with uClibc.

I successfully built ld.so.1.9.5 for i386 from the RedHat package
ld.so-1.9.5-13.src.rpm that came with RedHat 6.2.  Basically, apply their
patches, then apply the attached patch.  After that it is just

make clean
make ARCH=i386 CC=gcc-uClibc-i386

I never posted this because Erik had mentioned he had gotten the 2.something
version build on arm.

Manuel