[uClibc]Sparc port?

Mathew Bosworth (MTI) mbosworth at metaflow.com
Mon Mar 5 20:15:03 UTC 2001

Hello all,

	I'd like to do a port of uClibc to Sparc, specifically an open
source Sparc called Leon.

	I looked through the source, found sysdeps, set up the Config file, etc.
Surprise, surprise, it didn't build my first time through.  So here are my
questions :

	1 -- several symbols are listed as redefined during the build :

__FD_ZERO, __FD_SET, __FD_CLR, and __FD_ISSET are in both /include/bits/select.h
and /include/asm/posix_types.h

__NFDBITS and __FDMASK are in both /include/bits/types.h and
/include/linux/posix_types.h

	So which symbols do I use -- kernel headers or libc headers?  Also,
what's the best way to use them?  Should I #undef them in the headers, or
use #ifndef.  I figure it wouldn't be a good idea to go around defining and
undefining things in the kernel source. . .

	2 -- where is a functional definition of vfork?  I have a working
crt0.s, as well as setjmp, but I don't have a sparc vfork to look at.  Is
there a well commented vfork.S out there somewhere?  Or a good explanation of
what it's supposed to do?

Thanks in advance,
Matt