[uClibc]odd (ie, garbled) output on ppc

Justin (Gus) Hurwitz ghurwitz at dyndns.com
Wed Jun 27 07:12:39 UTC 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, David Schleef wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 06:02:44AM -0400, Justin (Gus) Hurwitz wrote:
> >
> > (PS- perhaps someone could send me (or put somewhere) a binary compile for
> > ppc that I could try to see if that works (in case the problem is with the
> > board somehow (which is could be- more specifically, there could be memory
> > coherency problems between the libc functions and the kernel (this is
> > unlikely, especially since I have another minimal libc implimentation that
> > does work, but worth testing))))
>
> I just compiled this from current CVS of both busybox and uclibc.
> It is statically linked.  It mostly works on my Mac, except it
> doesn't echo the characters you type.  I thought that I fixed
> that problem, but apparently not.
>
> I've also just noticed a few problems with scandir and getcwd,
> which should be irrelevant to your problem.

Thanks for the binary. The good news is that I am now fairly certain that
the problem is not with my compiler :-/ The bad news is that your binary
is doing the same thing as was mine.

The question is now whether the problem is with uclibc or with my
hardware- as said before other libc implimentations give me fine output
(though the ones that I've tested are not usable for my circumstances).
I'm going to give another small libc implimentation a try (diet libc, if I
can get its cross compile wrapper to work (my toolchain is keyed to the
powerpc architecture name, but diet libc expects the ppc name, argh!)). If
I can't get that to work, I'll likely try to hunt down and fix the problem
in uclibc.

Thanks,