[uClibc]sonames

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue Jun 26 09:27:39 UTC 2001

I've been doing a little bit of work to make a Debian package
for uClibc, however, my efforts are being significantly thwarted
by lintian.  (Lintian is a policy checker for Debian packages.)
I'll be posting comments and patches for a bunch of things that
it found.

The first problem was not something that lintian found directly,
but clued me in.  uClibc is using the same sonames for the
libraries as the standard libraries, although with different
major versions.  This can a potential conflict.  Does anyone
see a problem with changing the sonames of the libraries so
that they do not conflict with standard libs?  The sonames are
in a separate namespace from the library filenames, so it doesn't
affect compiling against uClibc, just resolving the correct library
at run-time.

dave...