[uClibc]pthreads porting effort

Steve Thayer sthayer at coactive.com
Mon Jun 11 19:21:22 UTC 2001

Hi Erik,

	Thanks for the tip.  I'm checking out the site, and I see a couple
of problems that prevent it from being immediately useful in our project.  I
don't know if it supports version 2.0 of the kernel (I don't see that
specifically written anywhere, but they do include a kernel patch for 2.4),
it currently does not support arm processors, there's no built-in support in
gdb for debugging, and it is still a beta (as the release note says, it
"should not be used in a production environment." :-)  This looks like it is
definitely an interesting project to keep an eye on, but for our immediate
needs I think Linuxthreads is more suited.  Even though it is not fully
POSIX-compliant, Omni Thread supports it, and that's really what's most
important to us. ;-) But thank you for the pointer, Erik.

-Steve