[uClibc]patch: Loop on EINTR in stdio

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at uclibc.org
Sat Jun 9 01:16:56 UTC 2001

Michael,

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 02:35:23AM +0200, Michael Shmulevich wrote:
> To my taste, this goto backward is evil...
> why not
>
> while(1)
> {
>     if(errno == EINTR)
>       continue;
>     break;
> }

I had 10 minutes that morning to devote to this.  I also knew that it
would be at least another 36+ hours before I could get to it again.
I thought it best to fix it in an "obvious" way and revisit that bit
of code again when I had time (something that hasn't happened yet) so
that I could try various alternatives.

That doesn't necessarily mean that I won't use a goto though.  I'll
use them when the structured alternatives produce "cluttered" code
(w.r.t. my _own_ taste) or (for uClibc) when they generate smaller
code.

Manuel