[uClibc]Errors in compiling mount and some general question on compilation

David McCullough davidm at lineo.com
Wed Jun 6 01:45:06 UTC 2001

Jivin Stanley lays it down ...
> There exists some errors in compiling mount, it shows the following error. I can't solve it because i don;t seem to understand what it is trying to tell.

Looks like the assembler for your syscalls is not 100% correct.
Without seeing the code it sounds like there are more register
constraints than registers being auto selected (ie., %0, %1).

Check in linux/arch/asm-sparc.../unistd.h for the macro definitions
of _syscall5,  it's probably a cut/paste error ;-)

> Also why does compiling of libc uses sparc-linux-gcc while libm uses sparc-uClibc-gcc ( the wrapper from extra/gcc-uClibc) ?

No idea :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough:  Ph: +61 7 3435 2815  Lineo (Where Open Meets Smart)
davidm at lineo.com   Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz