[uClibc]pppd and uClibc

Oliver Dawid od at fet.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jul 31 09:45:03 UTC 2001

hi Martin,

> first I like to thank all people in uClibc team they are doing there job
> very good and it just amazing what can be done together.
>
> Now to my problem:
>
> I want to compile pppd (2.4.0) with uClibc but everytime collect displays a
> large list of errors. Is it possible to compile the pppd for uClibc or are
> there some functions in the uClibc missing??? Anybody got the pppd working

well i compiled the pppd and linked it against the uclibc some time
ago. manuel nova writes:

---snip---
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:14:03 -0600

There was some discussion on the list a while back about pppd.
After fixing (sig)longjmp on i386, ppp-2.3.11 builds with some minor
changes.

I commented out tzset in chat.c
I added #include <stdlib.h> in pppdump.c
I grabbed getlogin.c from libc-5.3.12 and utmp.c from tinylogin for
objects
needed by pppd.

As I said, it now builds.  I haven't had time to _test_ it though.  ;-)
---snip---

and this is my result:

---snip---
i succeeded in compiling the ipppd 2.3.4 against the uclibc. i left out
the ms chap stuff and had to make some changes, e.g. i had to change the
netipx/ipx.h - so i copied it into the directory and did the changes
there. also the updwtmp function is missing but there is an alternative
code inside for non glibc > 2.
---snip---

hope this helps,

od