[uClibc]Error while compiling Standard C Library.

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at uclibc.org
Fri Jul 20 14:17:24 UTC 2001

Erik,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 08:41:50PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Jul 20, 2001 at 09:57:06AM +0800, bennyaw at comease.com wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've encountered an error while compiling the Standard C Library as
> > instructed in the Beyond Logic's website.
>
> I know nothing about "Beyond Logic" or the "Standard C Library".
> If this is a commercial product you purchased from them, I recommend
> you ask then for support.

I did a search for the web page he mentioned.  It looks like some
instructions for getting uClinux and its development environment
up and running.

> I do know all about uClibc though...
>
> > The error is:
> >
> >      structure has no member named '__bits'
> >
> > The tarball is uC-libc-310899.tar.gz
>
> This is not a very useful bug report...  Please show
> me the code you are trying to compile, the compiler
> command, etc.  Without that information, there is
> nothing I or anyone else can do to help you,

Judging by the date on the tarball, the version he's talking about is
almost 2 years old.  The web page he referred to even mentions that
uClibc (of that time) has a number of bugs and it is best to obtain
the latest version via CVS.

Manuel