[uClibc]make install?

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue Jul 17 08:55:21 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:27:23AM +0100, Alex Holden wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, David Schleef wrote:
> > The Makefile changes just sort of snuck in, without anyone
> > announcing it on the list.  I suppose that I should have done
> > it.
>
> Is there a way yet to use the same build for both testing on the
> development system and installing on the target? ie. where executables
> and the shared library loader look in DEVEL_PREFIX/lib before
> TARGET_PREFIX/lib for ld-uclibc.so.0 and the shared libraries?

There are two possible problems.  One is that I broke the
dynamic linker during my mayhem, because I haven't used it
until recently.  The other issue that's been floating around
recently is that the pathname for ld-uClibc.so.0 has to be
hard-coded into an executable, thus if you want them to be
portable, it needs to be in a standard directory like /lib.
(Or even /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib.)

dave...