[uClibc]make install?

scott scott at industrial-linux.org
Tue Jul 17 03:01:42 UTC 2001

I'm a newcomer to uClibc. I'm trying to get it installed for later
use, and I must admit I'm a bit stumped. Seems to me either:

  A: I'm thick-headed when it comes to the DEVEL_PREFIX, ROOT_DIR, and
TARGET_PREFIX env vars, or
  B: things are really broken.

I was using the snapshot from about a week ago, and that worked okay
for me, but the recent changes to the Makefile don't install anything.
I'm trying to get the binaries and static libraries installed under
/uclibc (/uclibc/bin, /uclibc/usr/lib, etc.). The way I read the
descriptions in the Config file, I should have:

DEVEL_PREFIX =
ROOT_DIR = /uclibc
TARGET_PREFIX = /uclibc

What am I missing? All I get are various _install directories under
the build directory. Thanks in advance...
---scott