[uClibc]Re: [BusyBox] BusyBox / Netkit-Tiny / TinyLogin status...?

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Feb 28 10:13:13 UTC 2001

Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> When I rewrote the printf code a while back, I added %m support but left it
> disabled because using it causes the system error messages to be linked as
> well.  This increases the binary size of a static executable by over 3.5k.
> This was before shared libary support for uClibc.

Yes. I think, best usage next metod:
#define _REATURE_PRINTF_PERCENT__M

See example glibc, for one point: fdprintf includes if user put
#define _USE_GNU.

But in library there should be all functions, not looking on size.
Therefore to include strerrno () I not understand your unwillingness. :))

> This isn't the only build-time option that isn't documented in uClibc.  For
> example, the strtod.c and strto*l.c in stdlib.  But no general configuration
> system for uClibc has been decided on yet.
> P.S.  I fixed the printf %g formatting bug you also posted and added long
> double support to printf as well (at least it works on i386...).   Note
> though that uClibc printf will sometimes round differently than glibc.  I know
> the reason... I just haven't fixed it yet.  Also, just for information,
> rewriting scanf is my next be uClibc project when I have time.

Yes.  Previous my letter was only a question. I at all do not demand from you
heavy work. You very well work on library. Many thanks, Manuel!

--w
vodz