[uClibc]Re: [BusyBox] BusyBox / Netkit-Tiny / TinyLogin status...?

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 28 02:58:14 UTC 2001

Hi Vodz,

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Oops. This have error.
> printf fmt not support "%m" in uclibc in default :(
> Require
> #define WANT_GNU_ERRNO         1
>
> For uclibc:
> Hmm, I not found documentation for correct this problem,
> only analize printf code.
> This bug report for uclibc-mallist? ;))

When I rewrote the printf code a while back, I added %m support but left it
disabled because using it causes the system error messages to be linked as
well.  This increases the binary size of a static executable by over 3.5k.
This was before shared libary support for uClibc.

This isn't the only build-time option that isn't documented in uClibc.  For
example, the strtod.c and strto*l.c in stdlib.  But no general configuration
system for uClibc has been decided on yet.

Manuel

P.S.  I fixed the printf %g formatting bug you also posted and added long
double support to printf as well (at least it works on i386...).   Note
though that uClibc printf will sometimes round differently than glibc.  I know
the reason... I just haven't fixed it yet.  Also, just for information,
rewriting scanf is my next be uClibc project when I have time.