[uClibc]PowerPC support

AVENARD,JEAN-YVES (HP-Australia,ex2) jean-yves_avenard at hp.com
Wed Feb 28 01:07:47 UTC 2001

I don't know much about the PowerPC, but only a month ago I knew nothing
about the SH either.
Despite it took less than two weeks to have a working version of uClibc for
the SH CPU.
So I reckon porting uClibc, based on the fact that glibc is available for
the PowerPC will not take much longer.

The native code required for uClibc is really minimal. Basically just
require some native code too, but you can almost completely re-use the glibc
code.

When doing the SH code, I simply looked at the i386 and arm code and did the
same using SH instructions. It's that easy.
Have a look at this web site to see what are the calling convention for the
PowerPC CPU, and implement it for uClibc.

http://www.redhat.com/support/manuals/gnupro99r1/6_embed/embPowerPC.html

Have fun

Jean-Yves
---
Jean-Yves Avenard
Hewlett-Packard - Embedded and Personal Systems / Platform Technology Group
351 Burwood Hwy, Forest Hill, Victoria 3130 - Australia