FW: [uClibc]Re: uClibc, modifications and SH port

AVENARD,JEAN-YVES (HP-Australia,ex2) jean-yves_avenard at hp.com
Mon Feb 26 08:06:26 UTC 2001

Hello Michael

We now have pppd up and running with uClibc on our SH3 board (we used the
source code you very nicely pointed out to us)
It was quite confusing to have it working as it appears that the headers
included are not valid for kernel >= 2.2.0 (we are running kernel 2.4.0)
So we used the header of ppp-2.3.11 as well as sys-linux.c.

After some small modifications to resolve the compilation error, everything
works fine.

I'm now wondering what are the differences between the version of pppd and
the version we can access from the CVS repository on the uclinux web site.
Your version is quite clean, while the lineo one is quite a mess (header
files located every where etc...)

If you have more information on this, thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards
Jean-Yves