FW: [uClibc]Re: uClibc, modifications and SH port

michaels at jungo.com michaels at jungo.com
Sun Feb 25 09:49:40 UTC 2001

Jean-Yves and an the rest of us,

Hello. For some reason my current status is very problematic. We have a
whole distribution for network-oriented station which I sucessfully
managed to compile last friday. However, system seems to be quite
non-working. Except for bugs in resolv.c for which Erik already issued
some patches, I have problems with many other packages:
-busybox seems to be working
-netkit-ftp 's "ftp" does not start at all
-insmod segfauls, says "Out Of Memory", or dies silently
-signals mechanism half-working (kills processes with SIGUSR for
example)
-getcwd() does not work for chroot environement, (thttpd does not know
where it is when run with -d option)
When the system will be more or less stable I will get to check ppp as
well, but as you see, I cannot even do
insmod ppp" for kernel PPP support.

"AVENARD,JEAN-YVES (HP-Australia,ex2)" wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Actually, I think it's the opposite.
> longjmp is an alias to siglongjmp.
>
> But you're right, longjmp or siglongjmp would do the same as they restore
> the state as setjmp or sigsetjmp
> left it.
>
> Did you have any chance to try it.
> After doing slight modification into the PPPD source code you refered me to
> (in the Makefile, adding -DEMBED and adding a link to random.o).
> However, I can't have it working when EMBED is defined. It sure send
> something, but doesn't seem to communicate with the PC it is linked to.
>
> Tell me what kind of progress you're making here, I'm highly interested
> with.
>
> Jean-Yves

Sincerely yours,
Michael Shmulevich
Software Developer
Jungo - R&D
email: michaels at jungo.com
web: http://www.jungo.com
Phone: 1-877-514-0537(USA)  +972-9-8859365(Worldwide) ext. 233
Fax:   1-877-514-0538(USA)  +972-9-8859366(Worldwide)