[uClibc]uClibc, modifications and SH port

AVENARD,JEAN-YVES (HP-Australia,ex2) jean-yves_avenard at hp.com
Mon Feb 19 07:18:55 UTC 2001

Dear all.

As promissed, please find here the SH port of the uClibc

It also includes several patches I mentioned before (stdio, malloc,
va_list/va_*, getopt etc..)

I've succesfully compiled for SH : busybox and sash and various
applications, so I believe almost every part has been covered and tested.

I haven't tested the malloc-simple only malloc, but malloc-simple is really
innefficient in memory usage.

Hopefully, I haven't broken anything in the other architecture and
integrated all the changes as of today : Monday, February 19th 2001. So
crt0.S is using the new way of calling main.

If you have any problems, do not hesitate to send me your comments,
criticisms etc..

Cheers
PS: BTW, when trying to compile the example: hello_world_uclibc (from the
Lineo FTP server), the code is buggy as the arguments for execl are invalid.
A NULL is missing and it should be:
execl("/bin/ls", "ls",NULL);

---
Jean-Yves Avenard
Hewlett-Packard - Embedded and Personal Systems / Platform Technology Group
351 Burwood Hwy, Forest Hill, Victoria 3130 - Australia
Tel: +61 3 88773740 - Fax: +61 3 9802 7714 - mail: jean-yves_avenard at hp.com