[uClibc]cvs commit to uClibc/misc/tsearch by mjn3

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Mon Feb 19 01:52:41 UTC 2001

On Sun Feb 18, 2001 at 07:20:23PM -0600, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> Well,  on i386 with my build options I get
> 1798 bytes text size for glibc version
>  477 bytes (total) text size for current uClibc version
>
> The big difference is that glibc apparenlty uses red/black trees rather than
> plain binary trees.
>
> Erik, do you maybe want this as a Config option kind of like the different
> mallocs?

Hmm.  The only real concern I have is that if we keep adding config
options, we are going to have to add a more sophisticated configuration
mechanism some time.  But then we will eventually have to do that anyways.

How much of a speed difference is there?  Enough that someone will really
care much which one is used?   So far, when given the choice between
size and speed, we've always decided in favor of small size...

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com