[uClibc]Compiling programs against uClibc...

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Thu Feb 1 23:46:47 UTC 2001

On Thu Feb 01, 2001 at 06:41:15PM -0500, Tom Cameron wrote:
> Hello all,
> 	I have been hard at work creating my own distribution of Linux,
> based on the 2.4 Kernel and uClibc (amongst many other wonderful
> Lineo-backed packages [Thanks Erik and the gang!]), but now comes the time
> when I need to compile other applications.  I am wondering if there is any
> way to compile them against uClibc?  If not, what's the next best course of

The simplest way to compile stuff vs uClibc is to simply compile
up uClibc, install the shared library into /lib (assuming you
are using it as a shared lib), then just set
    CC = <path_to_uClibc>/uClibc/extra/gcc-uClibc/gcc-uClibc-i386
either in the Makefile, or into the environment and compile.

> action?  Anyone know of any know issues when using the uClibc libraries?
> Let me know...and thanks in advance!

If you find problems, let us know and we will fix them ASAP.

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com