[uClibc]Re: Help on mips support of uclibc

kj_lin at accton.com.tw kj_lin at accton.com.tw
Thu Dec 27 08:54:08 UTC 2001

Hi,

To share my experiment on uClibc/MIPS with mips user.
I had just successful ported uClinux+uClibc+microwin+ViewML on Broadcom
BCM93710 with HJ Lu's RH7.x tools for mips.
To obtain the fully mips support of uclibc, including the libpthread which
was newly put by Erik, i added/modified the following files and functions
during the porting process:
crt0.c, syscalls.h, setjmp.h, types.h
setjmp(), longjmp(), clone(), vfork()
__do_global_ctors(), __do_global_dtors()

The __do_global_ctors/dtor() functions is the stuff to support C++.
Because the HJ Lu's RH7.x compiler will not generate a subroutine call to
__gccmain after the prologue of main(), therefore we have to deal with
.ctors and .dtors lists explicitly in the runtime startup file.
After finishing such work, i can make out all the libraries i need against
uClibc, including libstdc++, libwww and libraries of FLTK and microwin.

Best Regards,

KJ