[uClibc]libresolv and freeswan: Can't compile

arne @ loopback . org arne at matrix.loopback.org
Mon Dec 3 16:59:44 UTC 2001

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:47:43PM +0000, Brian Stafford wrote:

> Just a thought - why not get the source for bind 8 or 9 and build the resolver
> libraries from that?  Bind 9 also includes the lightweight resolver package
> which is an advanced stub resolver, this might be more appropriate for the
> uClibc audience.
>
> If nothing else, it might be a better starting point than the glibc code.

It seems like a good starting point. Just got the source from bind 9.2 went
to the lib/bind/resolv Dir (which seems to be the one you mention) and tried
to compile it with the uClib/gcc-wrapper, and it works. (i can compile it).

But my main problem will how to integrate this into uCLibc, as i looked a
bit deeper around i can truly say that this is much more than i can handle
with my limited C experience (not that i would like to) :(.
I might play around with it, but to make it a real patch for uClib , that is
out of my range (at least for now)...

I do not have a clear starting point nor a real direction how to make this.

> Brian Stafford

--arne