[uClibc]Switching to uClibc and m68k-elf tools problems

Larry Gray larry at greenmotor.com
Wed Aug 22 20:16:55 UTC 2001

Hello,
	I'm trying to switch to uClibc and the m68k-elf tools, and I'm not having
any luck. I'm using the uCsimm module, and was using the uClinux and tools
from the Lineo CD. Here's my problems and questions:

1. Do I have to recompile the kernel with m68k-elf-gcc and uClibc in place?

2. Does uClibc need compiled with the -msep-data option, so it can be used
with userland code?

3. Whats the difference between m68k-elf-gcc and m68k-uclibc-gcc? Which
should be used for userland code?

4. Does userland code need both the -msep_data and -elf2flt options?

I have been able to compile uClibc and the kernel with m68-elf-gcc (I think).
However, I cannot compile the userland code. I've tried various kernels, and
both the gunzip and rpm versions of the tools, as well as the latest snapshot
and cvs of uClibc. Is anyone successfully using uClibc and the m68k-elf tools
on the uCsimm? If so, can they give me any tips?

Thanks in Advance,
Larry Gray
larry at greenmotor.com