[uClibc]mke2fs build against uClibc

Luke luke_epsilon at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 14:50:41 UTC 2001

--- Anders Eriksson <aer-list at mailandnews.com> wrote:

> Well there is ramfs, tmpfs, romfs and cramfs it all depends on what you
> want to achieve.

Well, I have an embedded system that I am developing that is diskless - it
just has a small flash(read only) with the kernel and intrd and it has 32
Mb of SDRAM.  It will be recording some atmospheric data collected by a
sensor connected to one of its 2 serial ports.  It will have a reliable,
continuous power supply and every few months I want to go physically to
the device and plug a serial line into the other serial port and retrieve
the data.  I want the data to be stored on a ramdisk (seems like the
best/only? solution given my hardware) so it needs to be a read/write fs
(cramfs is read only right?)  I was reading a ramdisk howto and it (albeit
it was a few years old) recommened mke2fs for the ramdisk.

Any suggections?

Thanks,
Luke