[uClibc]dynamic linking -- bug found

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 7 15:41:38 UTC 2001

Erik (and everyone)

After fighting with it for a while,  I finally realized that the command line
built by gcc-uClibc was screwed up when dynamic-linking.  I shouldn't have
added the dynamic linker explicitly to the args, and I had the dynamic-linker
arg passing to ld done incorrectly.

At any rate, a test program I had using dlopen now works correctly.

NOTE:  You can't just pass -ldl to the gcc wrapper!!!  You must list the
pathname (including version number) of the library itself.

In my case for example, DYNAMIC_LINKER is set in the makefile to
/lib/ld-linux.so.1, so I added /lib/libdl.so.1 to the wrapper args.

Manuel