[uClibc]newlib and uclibc ?

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Jun 27 17:14:08 UTC 2000

On Tue Jun 27, 2000 at 03:47:33PM +0200, Sebastian Andersson wrote:
> What is the difference between the newlib and uC-Libc?

Well, my experiences with newlib were not very encouraging.  I couldn't make it
work.  I you have made it work, I'd be very interested to know about what you
did.  Another difference if licensing.  newlib is under a BSD style license.
uC-Libc is LGPL.

> What are the goals of uC-libc ?

To be the smallest fully functional C library for Linux.

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com