[uClibc]please ignore something in last patch plus a couple of ideas

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 19 15:52:30 UTC 2000

Erik,

In my last patch, please ignore the small patch to strto_l.c corresponding to:
   3) Fixed strto_l to use mod (%).  I got the numbers swapped.  % is smaller.

I was in a hurry last night throwing it together and I got it wrong.  Actually,
what happened is that mod (%) IS smaller for the long long case, but NOT for
the long case; at least on i386.

Also, the size I reported for mkreiserfs also depended on converting 3k of
static buffers in one of it's support routines to stack allocated.

Regarding the big patch I sent, I had put in some little interactive tests for
strerror.c and strsignal.c to check buffer length and number of list elements
and such, and it occurred to me this morning that this could be fully automated
in a "make check" step after the library build.  What do you think? I could
code something up for you to look at when I get a chance.

Finally, regarding the configuration #defines for strtod, strto_l, etc. what do
you think about having an include/uClibc_cfg directory which shadows the regular
include directory.  Then, for example, configuration #defines for strtod would
go in include/uClibc_cfg/stdlib.h.  Whoever configures the library would make
their changes there.  Then the values would be available to user programs for
those who were interested.

Manuel