[Bug 12951] New: trouble building when too long filenames are used in build

bugzilla at busybox.net bugzilla at busybox.net
Tue May 26 03:01:05 UTC 2020


            Bug ID: 12951
           Summary: trouble building when too long filenames are used in
           Product: uClibc++
           Version: 0.2.5
          Hardware: All
                OS: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P5
         Component: Other
          Assignee: unassigned at uclibc.org
          Reporter: wt at penguintechs.org
                CC: uclibc-cvs at uclibc.org
  Target Milestone: ---

Created attachment 8471
  --> https://bugs.busybox.net/attachment.cgi?id=8471&action=edit
My proposed fix

I was having trouble building uClibc++ in Openwrt. I figured out that the
problem was that the LIBSUP_DEP variable, which is a filename that gets created
during the build, was too long for my file system. The name generated was over
150 char long and my fs has a limit of 143. I guess this because I have an
encrypted homedir. Anyway, I analyzed the build system of uClibc++, and it
seems to vary with the file location for libsupc++.a which is used to extract a
bunch of symbols and create the static lib. I couldn't think of a reason that
the filename needs to vary, so I changed the file to a static name, which was
also much shorter. This fixed the problem, and it builds successfully.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.

More information about the uClibc-cvs mailing list