Placement of load_policy in /usr/sbin

Xabier Oneca -- xOneca xoneca at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 19:12:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

> Busybox seems to place its implementation of SELinux's load_policy in
> /usr/sbin by default. Other (albeit external) utilities, such as semodule,
> expect to find load_policy in /sbin by default. Would it be possible to
> move load_policy to /sbin?
>
> OpenWrt is among the systems that allow for "alternatives" to the busybox
> binaries. I think this would work out better in the case of load_policy
> if both Busybox and policycoreutils placed load_policy in /sbin.

Just to give more data points besides OpenWrt:

In Debain Jessie policycoreutils (v2.3) put load_policy in /sbin, with
a symlink from /usr/sbin. Debian Stretch (v2.6) and Buster (v2.8)
dropped that symlink.

Curious that the package from OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (policycoreutils
v3.1) still puts it in /usr/sbin.

Cheers,

Xabier Oneca_,,_