Sime makelike wrapper scripts support

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 14 17:02:34 UTC 2020

On 1/14/20 11:57 AM, Boris Kotov wrote:
> "Makefile" has a well known and established syntax and people are
> already mis-using it to create named scripts.
> You can read about it on many resources. Its a fact like:
>
> - the syntax is well-known
> - we agree, that "make" will never go into busybox.

Why not? It is useful, and has well-established POSIX
properties/documentation, there are several other implementations to
compare and test against, and it can be disabled by default in which
case it won't add a single byte to anyone's busybox.

Surely it's worth at least considering? I'd expect the reason it isn't a
busybox applet is very simple: no one has contributed one.

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User