Sime makelike wrapper scripts support

Boris Kotov bk at webdeb.de
Mon Jan 13 16:28:36 UTC 2020

    ```

    #!/bin/sh -e

    hello () { echo hello; }
    build() { docker build -t image .; }
    push() { docker push -t image; }

    "$@"
    ```

yes, thats very noise to me

    Why reserve the namespace "mim" so that no one else can ever use it on
    alpine

its not reserved yet, its small, its simple and fast to write, and the
name has a meaning, it is just an abreviation of *M**i*ni*m*ake, as it
inherits make syntax

    Why must every single small script that some people consider useful, be
    hardcoded into the busybox binary?

not every small script for sure. In my opinion it actually depends on
how useful its considered by the community overall and if it is usefull
in general.
Since its not related to any technology, it can be used in any project.

adding it by yourself means

- you have to keep it in every project
- explain others what that is
- you have an additional file you have to track
- you are doing it manually, so its error prone

adding 500 bytes to every busybox shell brings:

- a common way of writing small named scripts & comnunity-wide understanding
- Mimfile just works out of the box
- personally I feel, that it provides better developer experience
- I believe that it will be used by the docker community heavily

The pros outweights the 500 bytes IMHO