Sime makelike wrapper scripts support

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Mon Jan 13 16:04:21 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-13 15:27, Eli Schwartz wrote:
[...]
> The whitespace doesn't provide any value either, depending on which
> biased analysis you'd like to make. Would this example be less wasteful
> to you?
>
> ```
> #!/bin/sh -e
>
> hello () { echo hello; }
> build() { docker build -t image .; }
> push() { docker push -t image; }
>
> "$@"
> ```

"-e" doesn't buy anthing (and is not on per default) -> 3 bytes less
Most of the ' ' are superfluous too (as it's already pretty unreadable
anyways).
SCNR ...

[...]
>> So, the USP here is that mim provides a very clear and intuitive

"clear and intuitive" is pretty subjective.

[...]
> Couldn't you also COPY mim.sh? Why add 500 bytes to *everyone*'s

Or make it a separate package?!
Some may have a `make` package on their small system ....

[...]
> Why must every single small script that some people consider useful, be
> hardcoded into the busybox binary?

Because folks are too lazy to build and maintain their own small
packages?!

MfG,
	Bernd
--
"I dislike type abstraction if it has no real reason. And saving
on typing is not a good reason - if your typing speed is the main