Sime makelike wrapper scripts support

Boris Kotov bk at webdeb.de
Sun Jan 12 13:54:38 UTC 2020

@Ron wow thanky you, this is exciting, exactly what I was looking for!

> Modern versions of BusyBox allow shell scripts to be embedded in the
> binary.  The script is compressed so in this case it only adds about
> 450 bytes to the size of the executable.

Any chance, that this 450b feature could be added to the next release of
busybox itself?

My intention here, is that docker-alpine runs on top of busybox, and
there are a lot of community containers running on alpine/busybox.

By having that feature inside alpine & busybox you no longer has to
include it explicitly into each image. you can just include your
"Minimake" file.
And run the included scripts. And I believe that there are many, who
would welcome it, because its very clear and straightforward + Nice
Developer Experience.