Add possiblity to support specifying desired section of manpage

depsterr depsterr at protonmail.com
Tue Dec 22 02:10:37 UTC 2020

Hello!

I've used and loved busybox for a while now, however something which has always bothered me has been the inability to specify from which section to grab a man page, so I've devised a patch to fix this!

This patch adds an option called "Support specifying section of page" (which depends on man). If enabled it "Lets the user specify which from which section they would like to retrieve their manpage from." - the help message for the option.

In practice this is done as such:

Usage: man [-aw] MANPAGE[.SECTION]...

This works perfectly with both existing flags and does not effect the behavior of man when disabled.

patch file is in attachments!