Traceroute ICMP option doesn't work

M K Verma manishverma1420 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:23:18 UTC 2020

Denys,

Are you aware of how -I(ICMP) can be fixed on Busybox?
I have gone through the code, tested and I see the -I(ICMP) is sent instead
of UDP in case of IPv4 hosts when a flag is enabled in the defconfig.

The same does not work out in case of IPv6 hosts, UDP packets are sent
instead.
Is this an architectural limitation of Busybox ? Or there is a room for a
fix here ?
If a fix is possible, we can together work on this.
I have an IPv6 network where this can be tested.

Regards,
MKV