How to rebuild only changed files?

Wolf wolf at wolfsden.cz
Wed Apr 22 21:55:34 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-22 21:35:24 +0200, Tito wrote:
> out of curiosity what are the mount options of your building directory?

I'm building in ~/devel/busybox, which is directly on root partition (I
do not have separate /home):

+   $ mount  | grep ' / '
/dev/mapper/storage-root on / type btrfs
(rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/)

I would also add that for example my own autoconf-based projects have no
issue tracking the dependencies and rebuild just changed files. If you
claim that just doing make should work, I will try experimenting on few
other machines I have access to in order to see if there is something
weird with my laptop.

W.

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.